Last February I wrote about the Power Of Video Frame Grab, I showed you how it was done and you have seen some delightful video stills of beautiful Zhang Lei performing a Guzheng recital.
These high quality stills were extracted from a short video taken with my Canon G9 P&S camera.
Since the G9 was on a tripod, it has removed the hand hold movement out of the equation; this has result in sharper video frames which in turn contributed to better stills grab.
Compare those grab to the one below which was from a hand held camera...
For years photojournalist like me has been dreaming of a camera that can shoot HD video and yet allow us to grab a high res frame for publication.
May be that day has arrived!!
Enter JVC GC-PX 10 Full HD 12MP 32GB Hybrid Camera!
This is what JVC said about their new wonder boy :
can change in a split second. An athlete can win or lose a match, or a
nature watcher can catch or miss a crucial moment.
once-in-a-lifetime hero shot can happen any time, and it’s all yours, if
GC-PX10 allows you to capture scenes and discover what’s
really there — through high-resolution digital stills at 50 frames per
second, or progressive Full HD videos from which you can grab the best
frame as a digital still, or with 250 fps high-speed recording to slow
the action down and see what you’ve been missing.
Grab the GC-PX10, and
get ready to capture every split second, and seize every moment.
GC-PX10 is not a video camera that also records stills, nor is it a
digital still camera that also records videos.
It is a true hybrid that
has been redesigned to provide satisfaction no matter what you choose to
record, and offers unique advantages of being an all-in-one camera."
I learned that GC-PX10 was created based on a single premise — that beautiful video consists of a series of beautiful still images.
• 32GB Built-in Flash Memory
• Memory Card Slot for SDXC/SDHC/SD
• Full HD 1920x1080/60P Recording
• 36Mbps High Bit Rate Recording
• FALCONBRID Engine
• Extract Stills from 36Mbps Full HD Video
• Up to 300fps Ultra High-Speed Video Recording (approx. 2 hours)
• Up to 60fps 8.3M Stills Continuous Shooting
• 12M Stills 30fps Continuous Shooting
• Simultaneous Full HD Video & 8.3M Still Shooting
• KONICA MINOLTA HD LENS
• 10x Optical Zoom / 19x Dynamic Zoom* / 64x Digital Zoom
• Super LoLux & 12.75M Back-Illuminated CMOS Sensor for bright images even in low-light situations
• Optical Image Stabilizer & Advanced Image Stabilizer
• High Sensitivity ISO6400 / Real 12M Stills with No Interpolation
• Intelligent AUTO
• iFrame Video Recording Mode
• Face Detection
• Smile Meter / Smile Shot (still mode)
• Time-Lapse REC / Auto REC
• K2 Technology for High Quality Sound
• 3.0-inch Tiltable Touch Panel LCD Monitor
• Easy-control Mode Dial
• HDMI® Output (Mini)
• Built-in Auto Flash
• Easy Upload to YouTube™ / Facebook / Vimeo
• Easy Export to iTunes (iPad Compatible)
• Eye-Fi Card Ready for Wi-Fi Connection**
• LoiLoScope FX Software (Windows®) Provided
The camera is listed at A$1,099.00 and should be available next month.
Famous Last Words...
I WANT ONE!!